All current employment opportunities are listed below.
Development Department Intern
Pennsylvania Ballet, one of the country’s leading ballet companies, seeks an intern in the Development Department. The Development Intern will provide support to the Development Department and assist with preparations for the Ballet’s 50th Anniversary celebration in the upcoming 2013-2014 season.
- Assist with the research and production of a commemorative book and video for the 50th Anniversary.
- Perform data entry and maintenance of the Ballet’s Windows-based fundraising database Tessitura.
- Assist with Special Events coordination, including the Ballet’s fall gala.
- Represent the Development Department at special events, performances, luncheons, donor events, etc. as requested.
- Provide general support of department initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and internet applications.
- Friendly and outgoing disposition.
- Hard working and responsible.
- Able to work independently.
- Available to work some nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of ballet or performing arts preferred, but not required.
Applicants must be available to work at least two days a week, plus a few additional nights and weekends during the season. Length and content of internships can be tailored to fit course requirement needs. Benefits include free performance tickets, participation in special events and activities and the opportunity to work with a creative and energetic team.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Catherine Ross. Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
1819 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Pennsylvania Ballet, one of the country's leading ballet companies, seeks a Marketing Intern each semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer), accepting applications on a rolling basis throughout the year.
The Marketing Intern works closely with all members of the Marketing Department (Marketing Director, Marketing Manager, Public Relations Manager, Group Sales Manager, Graphic Designer, Web & Digital Media Manager, and Boutique Manager).
Representing Pennsylvania Ballet at publicity events
Assisting with Pennsylvania Ballet's social media sites
Brainstorming new marketing initiatives
Organizing office files (including CD and DVD library)
Assembling press kits
Maintaining press clippings and reports
Assisting with various projects as needed
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Customer service skills
Friendly disposition/outgoing personality
Ability to work independently
Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and internet applications
Must be available to work some nights and weekends
Interest in performing arts a plus
A mutually-agreeable schedule will be devised by the Marketing Intern and the Marketing Department. Interns are compensated with tickets to Pennsylvania Ballet performances.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter (indicating the semester for which you are applying) to:
Public Relations Manager
1819 JFK Boulevard, Suite 210
Philadelphia, PA 19103