All current employment opportunities are listed below.
Pennsylvania Ballet, one of the country's leading ballet companies, seeks a Marketing Intern each semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer), accepting applications on a rolling basis throughout the year.
The Marketing Intern works closely with all members of the Marketing Department (Marketing Director, Marketing Manager, Public Relations Manager, Group Sales Manager, Graphic Designer, and Photographer/Videographer).
- Representing Pennsylvania Ballet at festivals and special events
- Assisting with Pennsylvania Ballet's social media sites
- Securing Subscriber Discount Card benefits
- Brainstorming new marketing initiatives
- Organizing office files
- Data entry
- Maintaining press clippings and reports
- Assisting with various projects as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends
- Interest in performing arts a plus
A mutually-agreeable schedule will be devised by the Marketing Intern and the Marketing Department. Interns are compensated with tickets to Pennsylvania Ballet performances.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter (indicating the semester for which you are applying) to:
Public Relations Manager
1819 JFK Boulevard, Suite 210
Philadelphia, PA 19103
No phone calls, please.
Development Department Intern Position Available
Pennsylvania Ballet, one of the country’s leading ballet companies, seeks a development intern for the fall of the 2014-2015 season. The development intern will provide support for all aspects of the Development Department and will report directly to the Annual Fund Coordinator.
- Perform data entry and maintenance of the Ballet’s fundraising database Tessitura.
- Provide general administrative support of department initiatives.
- Represent the Development Department at special events, performances, rehearsals, and donor events, as requested.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and internet applications.
- Friendly and outgoing disposition.
- Hard working and responsible.
- Able to work independently.
- Available to work some nights and weekends.
- A heartfelt appreciation for the performing arts.
Applicants must be available to work at least two days a week, plus a few additional nights and weekends during the season as requested. Length and content of internships can be tailored to fit course requirement needs. This internship is unpaid; benefits include free performance tickets, participation in special events and the opportunity to work with a creative and energetic team.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Catherine Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.