Thank you for your interest in Pennsylvania Ballet. Below are open positions.
This position is an entry level position within the Marketing Department. The position’s primary responsibility is to assist in the day-to-day activities of all marketing initiatives, including marketing for Pennsylvania Ballet, Pennsylvania Ballet II, Pennsylvania Ballet’s Community Engagement programs, and The School of Pennsylvania Ballet. The individual reports to the Marketing Manager and interacts regularly with the other members of the Marketing staff, Dancers, School of Pennsylvania Ballet staff, and Artistic staff.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Reconcile and process all Marketing Department invoices
- Process all donation/comp ticket requests and ticket vouchers
- Proofread all marketing materials
- Maintain record of all marketing initiatives
- Regularly distribute marketing materials in and around Center City Philadelphia
- Support Group sales with list building and managing
- Build and proofread all outgoing emails
- Maintain Communications calendar for outgoing emails and direct mail (Marketing, Development, and School of Pennsylvania Ballet)
- Coordinate and staff promotional appearances by dancers and/or characters (e.g., The Mouse King)
- Staff performances and assist with maintaining all on-site marketing materials
- Contribute to Marketing Department brainstorms and assist in evaluating projects
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Marketing Manager
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in Word, Outlook, project management platforms (Basecamp), and email platforms (Wordfly).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Tessitura preferred
- Must be detail-oriented and capable of working on multiple projects.
- Energetic and enthusiastic person with good interpersonal skills.
- Not-for-profit arts related experience and knowledge of dance preferred.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the aforementioned tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to
Jonathan Stiles, Marketing Manager
(No phone calls please)